As one of the most commonly performed cosmetic body procedures in the United States, liposuction is a highly effective treatment for stubborn excess fat, but it is not always the right procedure for everyone.
Is Liposuction Right for Me?
Liposuction is a versatile procedure that can eliminate excess fatty tissue in almost any of the body, including:
- The abdominal region
- The face and neck
- The thighs, knees, buttocks and hips
- The chest, back and arms
Ideal candidates for liposuction are individuals who:
- Are not excessively overweight – Liposuction is not a weight loss solution, rather it is a body sculpting procedure. The best results are achieved when candidates are within roughly 30% of their ideal weight.
- Do not have major medical issues and are generally healthy – Because liposuction is a surgical procedure, candidates need to be healthy enough to undergo the procedure and make a full and safe recovery.
- Have realistic expectations about the results – Liposuction can help you improve your appearance, but there are still physical and aesthetic limitations that will affect what the surgery can and cannot accomplish.
- Meet the minimum skin elasticity requirements – To obtain satisfying results, Dr. Liu will need to ensure that your skin meets a certain standard of elasticity.
Depending on your unique circumstances and personal goals, our team may recommend an alternative body contouring option to better suit your needs. To determine your liposuction candidacy, schedule a personal consultation with our Bay Area board-certified plastic surgeon by calling 650-249-3169. We happily serve patients in San Jose, San Francisco, San Mateo and the surrounding Bay Area.
The best way to determine your liposuction candidacy is to get a professional evaluation from an experienced Bay Area lipo surgeon. Call 650-249-3169 to schedule your personal consultation with one of our leading surgeons.