Your skin is one of the first things someone notices when meeting you for the first time. It’s common for men and women to become self-conscious as they age due to accumulating lines and wrinkles. Signs of aging develop naturally due to thinning skin and fat buildup, but can be accelerated by excessive sun exposure, smoking and heavy drinking.
There are many over-the-counter “anti-aging” serums and lotions, but the best way to help your aging skin is by talking to our plastic surgeon about the products and procedures available for you. These options range from non-invasive cosmetic services to facial plastic surgery.
You could benefit from one or more of these five popular skin treatments:
- Chemical Peels. Chemical peels remove the surface layers of your skin that have been damaged over time. These treatments vary in strength depending on your skin type and sensitivity, but work well for age spots, sunspots and other fine lines.
- Microdermabrasion. This is another non-invasive way to resurface your skin. Microdermabrasion removes dead skin and helps increase blood flow to your skin tissue. This treatment promotes collagen formation, which decreases with age.
- Injectable Fillers. Injectables such as BOTOX® Cosmetic can reduce signs of aging and temporarily freeze the muscles that lead to lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm™ can help skin depressions and give you a smooth, more youthful look.
- Eyelid Lift. Also known as blepharoplasty, the eyelid lift can take years off of your appearance by removing under eye bags and lifting drooping eyelids. This plastic surgery was one of the most popular procedures across America in 2014.
- Face Lift. This procedure has come a long way in the last few decades. You no longer need to hide your face for weeks after a face lift. You can go back to work within a few days. A face lift can address many aging skin issues including:
- A double chin.
- Sagging skin under the chin.
- Nose creases.
- Lines around the mouth.
- Drooping eyelids and eyelid creases.
If you’re tired of your aging skin and wrinkles, call Dr. Liu at Bay Area Aesthetic Surgery in San Francisco today at (650) 570-6066 to schedule your FREE consultation. Our office provides plastic surgery and skin care services to clients in the San Francisco, San Jose, and San Mateo areas of California.